Effective Date 11/01/2015
What information do we collect?
Information You Provide – We and our service providers (companies performing services on our behalf, including web hosting) may collect information that you provide when you communicate with us via the “Contact” feature. That information may include, but is not limited to, your name, your email address, and other contact information.
The Site may contain links to content or integrated content (like embedded videos) provided by third parties. The information practices of those third parties may differ from ours. You should consult the privacy policies of any third party that provides content that you access through the Site as we do not control and are not responsible for the information that they collect, use, or share. Because your web browser may obtain integrated content directly from third-party servers, the third parties may be able to collect information as if you had visited their sites directly. The third parties may use the information they collect to track your online activities over time and across various websites.
How do we use this information?
We may use the information we collect for a number of purposes, including, but not limited to:
- responding to the communications you send via the “Contact” feature;
- improving the Site, such as by making it easier for users to find the information that is of greatest interest;
- generating and analyzing statistics about how people use the Site;
- sending you information about events or programs that may be of interest to you; and
- helping us better understand the interests of our users.
We may combine or aggregate any of the information we collect through the Site or from other sources for any of these purposes.
When do we share this information?
We may share the information we collect from you through the Site:
- with service providers that work on our behalf and that have agreed to use the information solely in support of our operations (e.g., for web hosting);
- to comply with legal obligations or requests, such as subpoenas or other legal process, or government reporting obligations;
- with third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets.
In addition, we may share information that cannot reasonably be linked to particular individuals with any third party for any reason.
Where do we keep this information?
The Site is intended for users in the United States and the information collected through the Site will be processed subject to the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same level protection for your personal information as your home country. The information may be available to the United States government or its agencies under a lawful order made in the United States. In addition, we may transfer your information outside the United States to service providers with operations in other countries. By using the Site, you consent to having your information transferred to and processed in the United States and these other countries.
How is your information secured?
We strive to maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to safeguard the information collected through the Site. However, no information system can be 100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to the Site over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
If you would like to unsubscribe from our e-mail newsletter, please contact us via the channels listed below or follow the instructions that may appear in the e-mails that we send you.
The Site is not directed to, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13. If you become aware that your child or any child under your care has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us at the contact information listed below.
National Science & Technology Medals Foundation
3222 N Street, NW Suite 300
Washington, DC 20007